Saturday, June 23, 2012

I'm so relevant. Let me tell you how relevant I am.

Hi. Hi there. You might remember me? I pretended to be a dedicated blogger while I lived in Switzerland. That goal, however, was not to be. Since my return, this regret has encouraged me to try my hand at blogging again. Because my U.S. life is so super significant? No. No not at all. But I mean, this chick has a blog... http://willowscatblog.blogspot.com/ ...soooo I figured I could have a go. Most of the time I'm sure I'll just ramble on about something that for one reason or another I find significant. But on the off chance I get organized, I intend to rehash some categories. These include:

 -Pretension Parade: Wanna know why I'm so much cooler than you? Because when you ask me where I got that dress I can say "Oh I just picked this up in a shop while I was in France" and I like bands you've never even heard of. Now let me spurt off random facts about the works of Shakespeare and humble your mainstream life with my bountiful knowledge of all things underground and cool.

  -Angst Alley: Right around the corner from Depression Detour, I will occasionally lead you down Angst Alley. No need to bring along your pepper spray, my intentions are weepingly honorable. Come on, do you ever have those days where all you need slash want to do is buy copious amounts of chocolate and watch families and or lovers being torn apart by death and strife on screen while you cry? Cause that's my coping mechanism. "Steel Magnolias" or "Beaches" are my films of choice. Pop in those puppies and it's guaranteed that tears will flow from my eyes like the spit that rains down from a lisper's "S" words. And I'm gonna tell you about it.


(Am I impressing you with my alliteration affinity yet? *Pretensionnnnnn*)

 -Music Musings: I'll go into greater detail about those bands I know that you can only dream of. Then I'll denounce them after they get HUGE. *Ahem* ADELE.

 - Exploration of Unemployment: Hopefully one of the more short-lived topics, I'll discuss the soul-sucking, panic inducing, discouraging black hole that is the pursuit of a job. I mean really, I have a degree. It's in English so it's kind of pretend, but like Tori Spelling's long-lived yet terminal career, it's slightly real. And all my life I was assured it would help me procure a job that wasn't the worst. We. Shall. See. I submit these not for your approval, but because I wanted to. Deal with it. I have to go give my parents' dogs a bath soon, if we are being honest. Yea, that's how I choose to spend a Saturday night. With some animals. Willow and I have that in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment